Thursday, December 02, 2010

reverb - writing

Day Two Reverb10 Prompt:  Writing. What do you do each day that doesn't contribute to your writing -- and can you eliminate it?   (Author: Leo Babauta)

Welllll well well.

It has taken me all day to get to this post.  It kind of side swiped me.  Do I really want to focus on writing?  SO many people keep nudging me to write, but is it really what I want?

Well, yes, it is, actually.  I have been writing since I was a kid.  Journals were my daily friends all the way past college.  And then I stopped.  I am not sure why really, but I did.  There have been moments of journalling again over the years.  Nothing floats my boat with it though.  But then I started Whispers of Spirit with a friend.  I was forced to write again.  And then my own website evolution has asked me to write more.  Lately my inner guidance is asking me to write more as well.  I have things to share.  My inner critic, of course, screams, "What the hell do YOU have to share?!"  Even this morning a client/friend asked me about channeling, wondering if I was doing it.  Not sure why she asked it, I just said, "Yeah, I am getting to it."

So anyhow, when Reverb10 came up the other day, I knew it was a divinely timed moment.


I feel like there are numerous things in my day that are distractions, things that take me away from what I really *should* be doing.  But then again, I also trust in the Divine process of Life and know there are NO SHOULD's any time, any where.

BUT ... that being said, the bulk of my career and business is online, so I am on the computer for many hours a day.  I would hate to admit how much of that time is actually spent on facebook alone.  But much of even that is business and messaging friends, checking on events and Pages, etc.  Yep, excuses, those are.  I am an admitted multi-tasking junkie.  I can be chatting on IM with a friend while reading fb, downloading itunes, and working on my website simultaneously.  But is that healthy and wise?

Okay, so, YES, I can by all means eliminate some of my "wasted" time online.  I am choosing to be as efficient and quick as possible with emails, facebook, websites, etc, so that I can devote a minimum of a half hour a day writing.  Writing that includes this blog, my classes and workshops, and e-books that I have had in my head foreeeeeever, as well as channeling that seems to be pushing its way in.  A half hour might not seem like much, but to me, it is significant and I can actually get quite a bit done in that amount.  I choose to increase that amount after January 1.  :)

Rock on.

No comments:

Post a Comment