Wednesday, December 08, 2010

reverb - beautifully different

Today's Reverb10 Prompt: Beautifully different. Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different - you'll find they're what make you beautiful. (Author: Karen Walrond)

This prompt has been pushing my buttons all day.  I put it off.  But it kept popping into my head.  What the heck would I write?  Even while having coffee with two friends today, both of whom are so sweet, kind, funny, gentle, rockin', smart (-asses), beautiful, powerful, I could list all those things about them but not myself.  I am surrounded by amazing and beautiful friends and family, all of whom are so different in their own ways, all without a doubt beautiful.

My little niece can tell me I'm beautiful.  My grandfather has been the only male in my life to tell me I'm beautiful.  (Oh, I take that back, my friend P said it about me the second year of FLP (annual outdoor festival I helped coordinate for a few years) and I bawled for days afterwards.)  AND I have always known I am different.  In the sushed "oh, she's just a little different" kind of way.  It has taken me a long time to accept it.  And to love it.

But to write about how I am beautifully different?  Publicly?

Right.

When I think about what other people say about me and all the gifts I have and how I uplift their life, I want to cry.  And usually do.  When a friend calls and waxes poetic about how great I am, I just shake my head and then cry.  I cry because I don't see myself the same way, and yet, on some level, I know they are right.  But I am so afraid of it going to my head and living from my Ego and not my Truth.  I guess I have to let that go.

So ....


Things that make me different?

I love the cluttered look of stacks of books.  There are few things that will surprise me.  But I do love surprises.  The stories I tell are sometimes too elaborate.  I can use my inner GPS to get almost anywhere.

I love fiercely.

There is a song in my head at all times.  I can bring people together.  I can see everyone's Light.  And their darkness.  But I accept them both.  I am a shy person with an extrovert longing.

My intuition is so strong some days I don't know how to make it practical.  I can bring the energy of a crystal into being by intention.  My soul wants to sing out loud but I don't let it, since my voice scares even me.  I have met a Spirit Guide in human form.

My creative self has TONS of ideas about a lot of things to create.  My heart will burst to overflowing when my friends and family are all in one place with me.  Music brings me messages.  The Love of my Life hasn't shown up yet but I am asking for him to get on the ball.  My spiritual connection grows deeper every day and it sometimes involves aliens.  I know a little bit about a lot of stuff.


And some day, I will realize I am beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment