Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Reverb - Appreciate

Today's Reverb10 Prompt: Appreciate. What's the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year? How do you express gratitude for it?  (Author: Victoria Klein)
How can I even begin to express what I appreciate?  I have a whole new appreciation for SO many things.  Health, Life, Family, Friends, a roof over my head and food to eat ...

But truly, the ONE thing I have come to appreciate the most, even if we don't always get along perfectly, is my family.  After dealing with my mom's cancer for more than 10 months, we have all come to really be there for each other.  We always have, we've been lucky.  My brother started coming around more often, the kids were more gentle with Grandma, my dad was as present as he could be from 1100 miles away (temporarily working in another state).  We might not have a typical life together, but it's ours.

It wasn't an easy time for us.  Lots of emotions, phone calls, trips to the clinic or hospital. 

But we made it work.  We didn't have a choice, mom's health was priority.  She was blessed with our family support and the prayers and healing from people around the world, and she was graced with the gift of holistic treatments at the clinic to complement her western treatments.  All of it made us appreciate the amazing nurses who do MORE than they should be required to do and the great doctors that had her back at all times.  We didn't have any issues with the system like so many others do.  It was such a blessing.

My family has always been there for me, and I will always be there for them.  I don't always express that fact, but I will work on it.

I appreciate them more than they'd know.

No comments:

Post a Comment