Saturday, December 04, 2010

Reverb - Wonder

Today's Reverb10 Prompt: Wonder. How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year? (Author: Jeffrey Davis)

Need I say more?

Well, okay, if you insist.

This is the easiest prompt yet, without hesitation I knew my answer and which photo to include.  My dear neice Flora is 4 1/2.  Most people know she is the absolute JOY of my life.  (My twin 8 almost 9 year old nephews are as well.  Thank god for my brother having kids!)  My life is so enriched and blessed with her in it.  How can it not be when everything is pink and girly and frilly?  She is a true fairy girl, oh excuse me, PRINCESS girl (I heard her argue with me about it in my head), and she sees magic in every single moment.

Everything is "Ooooh I loooove pink.  Ooooh I loooove my chocolate.  Oooh look at the pretty sparkly lights, Jenn you missed the sparkly lights!  Go back, you have to seeeeeee!  I loooove how snowflakes taste.  I like you, Jenn, you're my best friend.  I loooove Princess dresses."  She knows fairies are real, she is intuitive as all get out, and she sees the beauty and joy of the world everywhere.

I have so many stories about her that I should write down.

She has taught ME to see the wonder and beauty in everything even more.  She has taught me that Pink is Good.  She will always keep me laughing and smiling and knowing that all is right with the world when Flora is in it.  She has taught me Love.

We have a treasure chest that is a rosemalled chest that my grandmother painted many years ago.  When the Boys were little I decided to put special gifts in it and told them that I heard knocking in the treasure chest.  To this day, the 8 year old BOYS still ask if I heard knocking in the treasure chest last night, and/or run upstairs to check it and now their little sister has also started asking and checking.  Most of the time it's empty of course, but on occasions when there are little gifts, everyone is happy.  Today was a sweet day with the treasure chest.  Flora & I went upstairs to check it, and when she opened it, instead of complaining that it was empty, she states, "Ooooh, it's full of kisses!!" and blows me a big kiss in the air.

THAT, my friends, is true Wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment