Thursday, December 09, 2010

Reverb - Party!

Today's Reverb10 Prompt: Party. What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans.  (Author: Shauna Reid)

Yes, catching up on Reverb10, the week got away from me.  Nothing like the snowstorm of the decade to keep one writing!

Party!


I turned 40 in March.   

It sucked. 

I really wanted a big blow-out bash with all my dear friends, late night, party it up at some hip restaraunt bar.  But nope.  Life had other plans at the time.  I did have a nice time out with a few friends, but most of them bailed early.  Luckily it was not far to a friends place so we went there to have a glass of wine.  That was the best part of the night.

By May I knew I had to have a bigger party anyhow.  All the people I hold near and dear to my heart came for a casual garden party in late July.  I wanted to honor them for being so supportive of me and my family during a very trying year.  They were the folks that kept me sane and stable during so much chaos. 

We all gathered (from near and far, was so honored that 2 friends from far out of town joined us!) on an absolutely perfect summer night.  There was an abundance of food, twinkly lights in the garden, my favorite music, tons of laughter and sharing. 

Candles burned, glitter was twinkling on the patio, and sure, there were some mosquitoes. 


There was such a beautiful glow and flow to everyone, connections were made, hearts were open.  If we'd sat together with the intent of manifesting or creating world peace (as opposed to just celebrating each other), we would have blown our socks off.
                                      
I was a happy hostess.  Of course, I didn't get to chat with everyone for more than about 2 minutes each, but it didn't matter. My chicks were all gathered in my yard and I was a happy Mama Hen. 

My heart was overflowing with peace and love for these people.  My friends.  And I still don't really think they know how much they mean to me.  These are powerful, amazing, beautiful people and I am just amazed and honored to be their friend.


It was a great summer party.

No comments:

Post a Comment