Sunday, December 05, 2010

Reverb - Let Go

Today's Reverb10 Prompt: Let Go. What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why? (Author: Alice Bradley)

Ahhh.

Life sure is funny.  How can one little question be so big?

Yes.

I let go of A LOT this year.  See my first Reverb10 post to see what changes I've experienced, and you'll get an idea.

This question is Big (yes, with a capital "B") because of the timing.  The Divine sure does have a sense of humor.  One year ago on exact date, I let go of something in my life.  At the time, I was following my intuition, 6 weeks of "you need to do this NOW."  Little nudges here and there.  Every time I felt it, I would dismiss it.  My brain would say, "NO, I can't do that, it's not right or fair, and I made a commitment.  And if I do this, what then?!"  But the little voice within kept poking until I couldn't ignore it any longer.

I didn't know why.

My ego didn't want to do it.  I certainly had no clue what I was going to do after letting go.

And I really had no idea how BIG it would change my life until many months later, in many ways.  But I knew I had to TRUST it.

The day AFTER I let go of this big thing, my mom found out she had cancer. 

And my intuition went, "See, we told you."

It all became clear about why I had to let go.


And I would not change a thing.

That's not to say the past year hasn't had its challenges and I still have LOTS of creating, learning, and growing to do.  But I feel so blessed in so many ways.  I trust my intuition SO much more (even though I really thought I trusted it previously).  I have a whole new life.  I know myself.  There are amazing people around me.  My mom is now healthy and thriving more than she has in years.  My family is stronger.

The old addage is right ... when one door closes, another opens.

Or, maybe, a whole wall crumbles and reveals Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment