Wednesday, December 01, 2010

reverb - one word

Day One Reverb10 Prompt:One Word.
Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you? (Author Gwen Bell)


Well.

Not necessarily an easy task since I have had a doooozy of a year.


But my one word would have to be CHANGE.


It started almost exactly one year ago.  Changed friends, changed my office, changed health (my mental health and my mom's health), changed my lifestyle (became primary caregiver for my mom through her cancer journey), changed my thoughts, beliefs, ideas about many many things, changed how I see the world, changed my own inner world.  

Yep.  

It was a lot.  Is a lot.  

And I am choosing to move forward each and every day in small and big ways.  Most people will not realize how BIG all this was, unless you look closely in my eyes, and how it is taking me so much longer than I ever EVER anticipated to "recover".  (Though I am not "recovering", I don't like that word.  I am moving forward, surrendering to the Divine, and being in the Moment.)


For 2011, I hope my word will be BRILLIANCE.


A dear friend tells me I am brilliant on a pretty regular basis.  I never believe him.  YET.  So I hope that throughout 2011 I can truly embody what he sees in my heart that I don't see/feel just yet, and to truly live with clarity, light, hope, and stunning bright I-gotta-wear-shades Brilliance.  I INTEND to be fully ME, to live from my heart wide open, and to welcome in ALL new experiences and connections and LOVE (in all forms).

So there.


:)

4 comments:

  1. Brilliance - that is a beautiful word. Best of luck moving into your own personal expression of brilliance this year. I'm sure it'll be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Courtney! And to you as well, wishes for an amazing year to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oof! that's a lot of change. it's been a doozy of a year for me as well, and only recently having taken a step back and given myself a little more grace as i adapt to it all. =)

    loving the "stunning bright I-gotta-wear-shades Brilliance!" may it find you fully.

    yay for reverb10 love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww bless your heart, Dawn. Yeah, it's been a hard year for a lot of folks, and as long as we can bring in a little more grace and not beat ourselves up about the "should's", life is so much richer. Blessings to you and YAY for reverb!! :)

    ReplyDelete