Friday, December 24, 2010

Reverb - Everything's OK

Today's Reverb10 Prompt: Everything's OK. What was the best moment that could serve as proof that everything is going to be alright? And how will you incorporate that discovery into the year ahead?(Author: Kate Inglis)

There was a moment this summer when my 4 year old niece Flora and I were in my backyard garden, sitting in the big periwinkle Adirondack chairs, looking at the sky.  We each had our own chair, and for her to actually sit for more than a minute was a miracle.  I'd been having a tough day, emotionally drained, so was enjoying just being.  After a minute or two sitting there, Flora says, "Jenn, I love you."  "Oh, Flora, I love you too."  "And this is my favorite place to be.  With you.  It's like magic."  Awwwww....heart melting.  At that moment her older brother Kai showed up, snuggles into me, and says, "This is just beautiful back here.  I love you Jenn."  Another few seconds later her other brother (they're twins) shows up and says, "Wow, this is like magic back here!"  We all just sat together, feeling the love.

In the span of 4 minutes, surrounded by the most important people in my life, I knew life would be okay.  It would be more than okay.  If I lost everything else around me and still had these beautiful amazing children, I would be good.  I soaked up every moment of it and bottled that feeling up in my heart.

Knowing and feeling this moment will carry me through my life, not just 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment