Monday, February 09, 2009

Tucson Gem Show Day Three

Hello again!

My day was great, the shows I went to today were quiet and/or permanent displays, so was nice to browse without many people around.

The biggest news of the day is Lingams. Ahhh Lingams! Found a vendor in a new building (temporary warehouse) that had lots of lingams including black one's. There was one black one that sang to me, it's 10" and very heavy! The others are just sweet as well, and have a little more "banding" of color than I have seen.



In the same area there were some great Chinese vendors, including a group that had first dibs to go into the area of the Yangtze river dam project to gather stalagtites and whatever minerals they could. I love all the Buddha carvings, and the yellow jade one just makes everyone smile (it was about 4 feet tall).


At one of Tucson's permanent showrooms I fell in love with the Obsidian sphere's, but the folks in back were too busy eating lunch to come tell me how much they were. I'll find more. :)
Jim Coleman mines from Arkansas always have amazing specimens, unfortunately not in my budget! (Top one was $69,000, bottom one is shown, click on it to see larger)


Beautiful Petrified Wood table and show pieces.

Raw Tiffany Stone.
Just for the record, Tucson is having the coldest worst weather of the season this week AND in many years. :P Mt Lemmon (one of the mountains here at 9000 ft) is closed, and the area where I am staying (4000 ft) is expecting 1" to 3" of snow supposedly. BUT that can totally change and I keep visualizing SUN and warmth. Maybe Phoenix by this weekend will be warmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment