Tuesday, February 24, 2009

distractability

In a lame attempt to combat my distractability today, I thought I would share with you how my day plays out.

Jennifer wakes up, thinks about coffee (first and foremost daily!!) then what needs to get done today. Too long of a list, going back to sleep. Finally getting up, listen to cat fussing for food, make coffee, ignoring cat, get newspaper in darn cold air, telling cat to be patient because he knows the rule is Mom gets Fed First.

Ahhhh coffee.

Feed cat, check email and facebook. Oh yeah I have to feed my Pet Society pet. Check other friends profiles, accept heart from Jane, and oh look its an hour later than I thought.

Remember that I need to put laundry in. Do I go get the laundry, no, I refill my coffee cup and check my business phone for messages. Need to email Matilda about ad rates. Respond to other emails. Yeah there are dirty dishes on my counter too. Start to wash a pot, remember I should put my blockbuster movie in the mailbox to go out. Oh yeah laundry! Walk upstairs, forget why I walked upstairs, so put warm fuzzy socks on instead.

Start on email list update for Whispers, yeah I still haven't emailed Matilda have I? Or called back Jim about the book review and other ideas. Check facebook again, just for a minute. Coffee is kicking in. Start dishwasher and attempt to wash another pot but the phone rings. Wrong number.

Okay back to email list creation, but need to find the notes I'd emailed myself about it 3 days ago. Get 3 paragraphs written, whoo hoo!! Cat is now trying to lay in the sunshine on the table right behind laptop and directly on top of rock boxes. Move boxes.

!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHHHHHHH maybe the rock boxes are why I am so freakin' distracted!!!! I'll move the boxes back to my office downstairs. Phone rings. No I do not need a newspaper subscription. Better wash the bathroom sink before company comes over tonight. Oh yeah and I should figure out what to feed her. Email her about potatoes. I wonder what time my client is at tomorrow. Oh and I need to go out to buy water for mist-making before company comes tonight.

Check facebook again, water my fairy garden plants. Look at rock boxes again, still not moved, maybe I'll just cover them with a tablecloth.

Read blogs. See adorable photo and beaded journal page of my friend Shamballa. You know, maybe I will blog about how distracted I am. And look, I can write it in all one session! LOL

Thanks for reading! Back to my email creation. Really!

Okay maybe I'll check facebook just ONE more time. After I find a tablecloth.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes it helps just to get that mess out of our head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and i had the privelege of being your company!
    love your heart!
    pamela

    ReplyDelete