Thursday, February 12, 2009

Tucson Gem Show Day Six

Is it really Day Six?

Before I forget, two of my favorite finds from yesterday that I want to get in MN! I'd heard about both but no one in MN carries them YET.
www.terraflorawater.com www.aquamantra.com

On to the rocks!

We did something new today! Went to the "official" Tucson Gem & Mineral Show, which is just a 3 day show mainly for collectors and jeweler's. It's the show that most "tourists" will attend to see specimen minerals. In all my years I had never been to it (partially because of the $10 admission fee), so figured I should see this year's them of "Mineral Oddities". It was SO worth it to see such amazing pieces on display. (Check out my Picasa photo page (listed a few blogs down) for photo's.) There were stunning museum quality pieces, including pieces FROM the Smithsonian (with guards next to them). I loved the Smoky Quartz "fish" that was totally naturally formed that way. While I was at a different show later I overheard a guy talking about the "Alien Eye's" that were right next to the fish, but I missed that one (will have to research what that is too). Anyhow, it was fun to see vendors from all over the world with stunning pieces, but also offering cheap little pieces for the kids (school groups go to it tomorrow).

Attended the very quiet and less vendored Inn Suites, saw some beautiful large specimens again (THE biggest amethyst geode's I've seen YET, and I thought yesterday's were huge!), powerful smoky quartz elestials, and more. Made my annual stop to see Jeanne for stands ... she's in her 80's and has run a rock shop with her family for years, is totally sweet, then found some great Silver Sheen Obsidian sphere's, water polished selenite wands, some new Tangerine Quartz from China, and a few little gifty's for friends.

Due to the warmth and sun we cut the shopping short to head to the pool and hot tub, then a great dinner of Texas BBQ!



:)

My mom is about 5'2", so guess how tall those are.


Yes, it is really a blow up woman with a crystal singing bowl. 25 feet tall. No joke.


Sage Man!

Go to http://picasaweb.google.com/crystallinelight/TucsonGemShow2009 for MANY more photo's, and MORE are coming soon (including lots of AhhhMuse).

No comments:

Post a Comment