Sunday, December 13, 2009

Stuff

Ahhh how lovely to do nothing and then rest afterwards.

It's been a busy week, and bound to be another busy week.  Thanks to everyone who has commented on my updated blogging streak, I am grateful you are reading even if I am snarky (ie last weekend).  Shifting and processing through stuff is pretty standard these days, and I find it helpful to write to move through it.  And I know it will help *some*one along the way too.  Life has just dealt some snarky experiences lately, I am not always snarky.

[Okay I am over using the word snarky now, I just like it.  It's a cool word.]

Quick updates about why I am snarky (ha!):
  • I am moving out of my office at the end of the month.  It's a good thing, it's been coming for a long time, my friendships with office partners are intact.  But it is still a little hard to release something you have had for so long when you don't know what is next.  Still some details to work out.
  • I don't know what is next.
  • My mom was diagnosed with lymphoma in her spleen last week.  It's been a month of tests and wondering and befuddlement because there were no symptoms.  But it is a stage one, highly treatable cancer and we will be kicking it's butt with positive attitudes and laughter.  Conversation today as mom is typing an email to someone:  "What do I have again?"  "Uhhh... CANCER!"  Of course she meant what type of lymphoma with medical terms, but we are rather light-hearted about things.  Makes it all easier.  She most likely will start chemo this week.  Yep, right before the holidays.  But she kicked breast cancer 17 years ago, she will do it again. 
  • We also found out this past week that another family member has cancer (she's my age), another friend is diabetic, another relative is diabetic, a friend's young (22?) daughter has early stages breast cancer, a friend's dog almost died, another friend had a car accident, a good friend's mom had a stroke, yet another friend's stove blew out .....  yeah, it's just everywhere.
  • Been crying at the drop of a hat lately.  Every little thing makes me tear up.  Scary things and good things.  Songs.  Commercials.  Beautiful lakes.
So there's the scoops.  I wanted everyone to know before I start spilling info and forget to tell you certain things.

On much happier notes:
  • I am so grateful for the Boutique yesterday!  So much fun.
  • Christmas is almost here!  (Even though I just started shopping, but hello, I get to buy FAIRY stuff for my 3.5 year old niece!!)
  • I have fantastic friends.  But I miss them.
  • I am breathing deeper.
Life IS good.

1 comment:

  1. i dont know what's next either.i went thru-intense ascension symptoms for longtime.gave up my life and everything.went to simple as i could get it life!! i feel as of this week nov2010 that im in completion stage but not sure what to do next at this point..mabey god wants me to just rest for awhile.im just relating to others out there going thru-same thing.your not alone. many blessings marylen from michigan

    ReplyDelete