Monday, March 22, 2010

the road to fridley ....

The phrase, "the road to Fridley is paved with good intentions" keeps running through my head, as I make a much too often - like daily - trip to Fridley.  This weekend its to the hospital to see my mom, who is hospitalized so her white blood count can get boosted up.  This chemo business takes a toll on her spleen and body and mind.  But Unity has been a good place, even if we know it all too well from years of visiting with my grandpa, my grandma, and now mom. 

We had to take her to the ER on Sunday morning at 1:30 due to a rising temp, a sign of infection.  So after an hours sleep due to my birthday celebration out with friends, we hightailed it up there, and discover that the ER in Fridley on a Saturday night/Sunday morning is much busier than one would expect.  She got boosted up via fluids and antibiotics, but they still admitted her for a few days.  She gets a blood transfusion this morning, since her platelets are really low too.  First time.  She's a trooper, even if she is scared and unsure and alone.  But she's at the best place she needs to be, and as soon as I get there this morning I am checking with the lovely Cancer Center about someone doing Reiki or aromatherapy with her (they do have volunteers, but I don't remember if they offer them to patients who are admitted).  Unfortunately our trip to Atlanta and Savannah GA for this week is postponed too.

Anyhow, this is my current state of life.  And it's okay.  I am learning to go with the flow so much more, really appreciating the health I do have, and seeing that each moment really is precious.  Surround yourself with those people and things you love.  Be grateful!  And stay centered in Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment