Friday, January 22, 2010

hearts for Haiti

As I sit here watching the Hope for Haiti telethon tonight, I am absolutely moved to tears.  It's a devastating situation in an already devastated country.  The stories of hope and survival, however, are even more awe-some.

I am struck, however, by not only the heart openings all over the world for those in Haiti, but by the similarities as to what is happening in some of our own personal lives.  A major earthquake, out of nowhere, no notice it's coming, that completely wipes out your home, work, families, health, friends. 

The destruction on every single level of your being.  Having to re-discover what you are made of to survive. 
Darkness and despair seeping in.

Needing to create new opportunities for even the basic necessities of water, food, clothing, shelter. 

Being forced to let go of everything you know. 

Struggling with the overwhelming fact that life is now different.

And yet ......

There is hope.  There is light.  Miracles happening all around.  Assistance from unexpected places.  Supporting others.  Deep clarity about what is right and true. 

Family.  Water.  Food.

Life.

Learning what LOVE really means.

Words can't really do justice to what I am FEELING from this experience.

But it is reflecting my own experiences these days on many levels. Yes, I realize what is happening is so NOT comparable to what is happening internally for me, there is no comparison.  I am grateful for what I have.

I send deep deep blessings to those in Haiti daily, hourly, in each moment, as well as others in need all over the globe. 

My gift from them is being able to serve in light and from my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment