Wednesday, July 21, 2010

soul singing

Ahhhh yes, today is a good day.

Nothing in particular or special happening.  I'm cleaning actually, like all out deep cleaning, wiping walls & shelves, rearranging stuff.  Really deep, hasn't-been-done-for-about-8-months type cleaning.  Even though I am sweating and stinky, since I've also spent a few hours outdoors pulling weeds, I feel really good.

As I was kneeling to pull a weed, I heard a little "tune" of music.  I actually gasped a little, thinking, "What IS that?"

Then I realized ....

    My soul is starting to sing again.

The singing is hard to explain.  Peaceful, brilliant, bright, loving, unexpected .... from a place deep within that you don't even know it exists.  All encompassing.


    And then the tears come.

        Again.

But it's all good.  This journey deserves tears of joy and sadness.  For so many reasons.  ALL of them good, despite what may seem as hard, pissy, stupid, or just outright bad and dark.  The joy, LOVE, peace, comfort, support, and even moments of bliss balance it all out and I am grateful for every single moment.

The past few months I have chosen to focus on three things ...

  • LOVE.  In all ways, breathing it in, breathing it out, being in, embodying it.
  •  
  • ME.  Taking care of ME and nurturing myself, in whatever way that means in each second.

  • FUN.  It's SUMMER for cryin' out loud, what else would I choose?  (See previous post with my List!)  I want to experience fun summer things that make me happy, with the people that make me happy, and in ways that can only bring me more JOY.

I'm not sayin' there won't be challenges to come, but the fact that my soul is singing again makes it all worthwhile.

Can I just HUG the whole world right now?!  THAT is how good day is, so I want to send an energetic hug to each and every one of you!

     Oh watch out there, your shoulder might get a little wet though, since these tears of Joy are spreading!

No comments:

Post a Comment