Tuesday, June 17, 2008

thoughts for now

Have I mentioned how much I love my yoga class? In the months since I started (March?) going to the restorative/gentle yoga class I have noticed both small and large shifts. Small in the way my heart is opening, how my body always reflects back to me what's happening emotionally or energetically, in the way I am more accepting of myself. Large in that I really do notice a difference in my physical body's ability to move and be fluid and not as stiff. It feels like it is preparing my body for MORE. It's so nice to go to a place where I don't have to "be someone", I can just BE, not say a word, and go within. Of course, those nights when I almost die aren't so fun (how is it that doing an arm stretch on a wall can make one almost pass out?), but I always leave laughing and still feeling lighter. Those are the times when I feel stretched beyond my comfort level, and I am realizing that stretching beyond what I feel is comfortable or safe is exactly what I need right now. It feels good.

A fun story to share ... my 6 1/2 year old twin nephews just started playing baseball. It's called "near ball", the teams are boys and girls, and the coach just keeps throwing balls until they hit one, they don't keep score, and it's very entertaining. Last night was their first game. During the 2nd inning, Kaedon hit a great ball, but instead of running to first base, he turned around and ran towards grandma sitting on the sidelines, totally plowing into her for a hug, even though we're all yelling, "Run to first!!" He just stayed with grandma. It's already a great family story that will be told for eons! :)

Had all these other thoughts about synchroncities and new connections, but they all just vanished. Not the right timing I guess! 'Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment