Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Saying Yes

A close friend and mentor many years ago told me that she and her partner always chose to say YES to any opportunities that came up, no matter what.  At the time I didn't really think that was smart, because what if it was something you really didn't want to do?  What if it was with stupid people?  (This was before I figured out there really are no stupid people in the world.)  There was this whole list of "what if's" that went through me.  But looking at their life and business, it seemed effortless, abundant, fun, and like they really were on THE path they were meant to be on.


Now, I say YES.

It's not always easy, believe me.


But I figure I have nothing to lose.

Except maybe my ego getting a little bruised once in a while.

But that is why we are here on a human/spiritual path .... to learn.

In January of this year I committed myself to saying Yes to every opportunity that came up.  Even if that means, "Yes, I will feel it out if it is a fit for me" and then politely declining.  Saying Yes even if it pulls me out of my comfort zone.  Saying Yes even when my head was saying, "What the heck?!" (Well, it used other expletives than "heck" really.)  I am committed to following my intuition, my gut instincts.

For example:  someone who shall remain nameless asked me a few months ago about doing readings at her shop.  Ha!  Every bone in my body said, "No freakin' way.  Tooooo hard!"  I am not a "reader."  I am intuitive, I get intuitive "hits", I get feelings and energies, and those can't always be translated into words.  But I said, "Yep" and left it as "When the time is right it'll happen."  (That too is saying YES.)

So then when in the span of a week, two other people asked me about doing readings and another BIG opportunities to do "READINGS" came up, I just shook my head and said Yes.


And then wanted to puke.


(Let's be honest!)

Even as I got to the event to do readings, I wasn't sure what the heck I was thinking by saying Yes.  It felt like a big ol' challenge of pushing my buttons (being put on the spot, having to actually speak, AND having to pull intuitive/psychic information out into real words).

BUT ... it all turned out exactly as it was supposed to.  And I actually had fun.

!!!!

And I'll go back again.

No matter what we do in life, even if we think it is happening TO us (which it's NOT), we chose it ALL and we said Yes.  (But that's another blog lesson for later.)


So I figure we may as well just agree from the get-go, because we already knew it would come to this, right?

Even if we think we "fail" at it or something goes wrong or it just doesn't work out, that is perfect.  The act of saying Yes allows you to open up to more freedom, joy, abundance, and yes, learning deep hard lessons at times too.  But it's okay.  It helps us learn and grow and be fully who we are right now.

AND I have a BIG and VERY much outside of my comfort level (read "wealthy suburban housewives") - event tomorrow that another friend dragged encouraged me into with her.  It forced me to step up my business to a whole new level (and it all happened on a new moon last week).

But I am TRUSTING and jumping with my eyes and heart wide open.

So if you hear someone screaming as they fall from the sky tomorrow evening, that'll be me.

Ha!

No wait, if that happens I even said "Yes" to that too.

Onward and upward, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment