Tuesday, June 08, 2010

blessings

My mom had her spleen removed yesterday.  It was the final step in her 6+ month journey of spleen lymphoma, and we and the doctor are completely confident that this is IT.  My brother and I are just hanging out with mom in her hospital room today, and the above scene - mom on the phone, two nurses doing vitals and pain meds, and my brother crashed out SNORING, oblivious to the activity around him - was just too funny not to share. 

And the funny part is, I wouldn't have it any other way.  I feel so blessed, so grateful that mom is on her way to health, so grateful that my brother is hanging around longer than I actually am, and so grateful that
we are all together.  (Dad was here, had to go back to Atlanta this morning.)

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment