Friday, October 01, 2010

October?!

October 1?

Now wait just one minute.

What happened to September?  What happened to the whole summer, for that matter?

I seriously cannot wrap my head around the fact that it is FALL.  Like, autumn, leaves are changing color, it is getting cooler type fall.

I have looked at the golden tree's and seriously had the thought that that just isn't right, it's too early.

My brain has also seen all the leaves on my patio then done a "What the heck, where did these leaves come from?"

It just does not seem right.

Is it only me?

After some discussion with my mom, however, and my realizations that I can't STOP time, we have both come to the conclusion that time really did just STOP for us for a few months this year.  Everything came to a standstill while we attended to her health.  December through about April are seriously a blur, I can't remember too much.  Other than hospital stays, doctor's appointments, chemo sessions, panicked phone calls to dad....  It took all our effort just to get food in our bodies and then head off to whichever appointment she had.

Illness consumes everything.

Everything else just stopped.

Mom was officially cancer-free as of mid-June, after they removed her spleen.  Slowly but surely she started getting better.  In mid-July she took off for Atlanta for more recovery time.  And I really had GOOD SUMMER RELAXATION time for myself.  I ENJOYED every minute of it.  Soaked it all up and was finally feeling back to ME and in a groove of light and life.

And then "FALL" hit.  Kids back in school (not that I have my own, but my nephews), the collective consciousness of "let's start something new", getting my business ready for an expo at the end of September, etc.  BUSY.

Life just got BUSY with STUFF.

So now that I have a little breathing space again, this whole TIME thing is just throwing me for a loop.  It moves so FAST and I almost can't catch my breath.  There are so many projects on my to-do lists, and yet there never seems to be enough time in a day.  It is my lesson to really truly live in the MOMENT.

I guess I will just take one moment at a time, breathe, move in baby steps, and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment