Sunday, July 27, 2008

reunion update

Some updated thoughts on my 20 year reunion ...

It was challenging years there (I was painfully shy, dealing with undiagnosed depression, was the "new" girl as well as a Lutheran pastor's kid at a Catholic school) and yet I do have good memories of a few things, think of certain people and wonder how their life is now, and hold the school in high regards.

Would my life have been different if I hadn't taken a weekend trip in the back of a tiny truck to South Dakota with my English/photography teacher and 4 classmates? Yes, because I wouldn't have been baptized to Van Morrison or appreciated large tacky animal statues. Would I be different if I hadn't spent hours and hours in the photography lab with Mary and Lori and a guy I had a crush on but couldn't talk to? Absolutely. What if I hadn't learned the art of journalling or writing from Mr Theim? Would my life be different if we hadn't lost a classmate and dear friend to suicide 2 years after graduating? Without a doubt. And really, would I be sane now without my bestest friends Michelle's constant support and encouragement? NOPE! :)

Obviously all this stuff around the reunion is bringing up memories and thoughts. There is a website that someone set up where people can post their information and photo's, which is interesting to see. It's funny to realize that if I ran into any male classmates I would not even recognize them, and yet all the women look pretty much the same, just older. I am open to connecting with anyone anytime, and may even contact them on facebook (my brother's baseball coach who happens to have a tarot thing!?). Anyhow, I am headed to Mankato tomorrow to catch up with Michelle, so more thoughts may be coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment